Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Already??


(Disclaimer: Mike said that I could only share this photo with the caveat that it may or may not be our Christmas card photo :)



Wow, I can't believe it's December. It's definitely my favorite time of year! I remember last year we didn't do too much for the holidays, because I had crazy morning sickness. This year I'm hoping things will be different, especially since it is Arianna's first Christmas.

To start off, Mike and I hit up Black Friday for the first time EVER! Man was it crazy!! We went down to the Woodburn outlets in the afternoon, and all of the stores were so crowded. Luckily, we found some pretty good deals. We got Arianna a few hats, outfits, and a winter coat. The hard part was resisting the urge to immediately have her put them on and wear them rather than wrapping them up for Christmas. I can't say that I've actually wrapped them yet, but she has definitely not worn them. We also got gifts for all of our family members, so (cross your fingers) I think my Christmas shopping is finished. This is definitely the earliest I've gotten my Christmas shopping done!

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to decorating. I know, this is the best part of the holiday season. I really really want a real Christmas tree this year, but we just haven't gotten around to going yet. Mike is always at school really late during the week, so maybe we can go this weekend. I think it would be cool to go to a farm and chop one down myself!

For the Relief Society Christmas dinner, we talked about Christmas traditions, and I'm really excited to start some traditions of our own now that we have a little one. I was thinking of making some PJs, but since I severely lack sewing skills I might just make some cookies instead.
We also thought it would be fun to go to the zoo lights or the Polar Express.

What are some of your family traditions?

2 comments:

Olivia Singleton said...

My brother has a cute little tradition for his family. I'd love to carry on the tradition to my own little family someday. They watch a Christmas movie every Sunday after Thanksgiving up until Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve they finish off the tradition with the ultimate holiday film - Elf.

Another Christmas tradition I plan on having for my own family in involve ham of some sort! Mmm... Ham!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is the cutest picture EVER!!!! LOVE it! And Black Friday---holy cow. You're a brave woman!