Thursday, May 13, 2010

37 Weeks


(Mike and my trip to Kooza last week, which I would recommend to ANYONE! It was amazing!! Also further proof that I am getting ever so large with child and even more sleep deprived)

On a more positive note, I'm really trying to enjoy these last few weeks, because experienced moms tell me that I will miss it. And I'm taking this sleep deprivation that I'm experiencing as practice for when the baby comes.

I feel good about this. It's like I'm turning over a new leaf :) No more cranky Anna (I have to repeat this to myself multiple times a day).

All kidding aside, I'm really anxious for this baby to get here and can't wait to meet her. I've had a lot of time to think about what kind of a parent I would like to be. I've been reading all of these books that have great parenting tips and ideas, but at the end of the day I just really want to be a good mom, teach my child the gospel, and always puts family first. Broad, I know, but that's what I want more than anything. I hope I'm making some sense since it is really late, and I'm not sure how coherent I am at this point.

Anyway, thanks for listening! Any tips on being a first-time parent would be greatly appreciated :)

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

You are so close! That is completely exciting. Advice? Well, I can only give advice on the baby stages... but really, just don't get stressed out about how messy your house might get or all the things that you are behind on, and spend time with your baby because they get big SO fast and you can clean your house later :)
Oh, and write things down (the memories), I am not good enough at it... I wish I had been more diligent.

Also, make as many freezer meals now as you can, so you don't have to worry about cooking.

Unknown said...

You look absolutely adorable!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!! I love this picture!!! And whatever, the last few weeks are torturous for me! I just wanna hold that baby, haha!