Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thanksgiving


So, the parental units are making the long journey from Idaho Falls, Idaho, to Portland, Oregon, to spend Thanksgiving with us. I am beyond thrilled! I don't get to see the fam that often. However, I am a little nervous about cooking "The Big Dinner"




This is the image I have been daydreaming about for the last two weeks. I really want to go all out and have the ginormous turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and so on. However, I have to be real with myself and accept the possibility that the dinner may turn out like this:



I've never really been gifted in the kitchen. Anyway, if any of you have any recipes for a turkey that have worked really well, please let me know. I would be forever in your debt, and I know for a fact that my family will love you for it, too!!

2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oooo, good luck with the dinner! I destroyed all the deviled eggs last year by adding too much salt...no one ate them. I'm sure your dinner will be fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

How fun! Good luck!!! :) If I find any good recipes I'll send them your way!